Friday, December 21, 2012

Trying again

I'm going to try this blog thing again because I'm super close to getting rid of my Facebook (it's starting to really bug me).

We are really enjoying being in Peoria. The kids have really adjusted well to being farther away from Nawnie and Papa and their cousins. Tony is loving his job! It's a dream come true for him. He just finished up training on bar so he is now a fully trained barista for Thirty-Thirty.
The kids and I spend most of our days playing and watching movies over and over. After the first of the year I will start working a little more with Avalynn on preschool. She really is just too smart. She has recently started singing her ABC's almost perfectly. Next we will work on recognition. She is really looking forward to starting to go to the library a few times a week with her bubby and me for story time and to get books. I am working with Treyton on getting him to actually talk. He jabbers all day long but doesn't really say too many words. He understands the words we all say to him but choose not to say them back. I'm hoping to see some improvement before he turns 2 in April so maybe we won't have to do speech therapy. That little boy is as stubborn as the day is long. He really enjoys watching animals of any kind and any thing music related. He loves to sing and dance all day long.
I have been keeping busy with the kiddos and doing some crafts of my own. I am hoping to start volunteering at a pregnancy center after the first of the year and maybe trying to get on at one of the WIC offices close by as a breastfeeding peer counselor. I am still working on my classes to become a certified breastfeeding counselor and childbirth educator. Slowly but surely I will get those done. I am very much looking forward to starting homeschool with my kids. I truly believe that this stay-at-home/homeschooling/hippie mom stuff is what I was called to do. I have never been happier with how I spend my time and days.
We are all very excited to see what new and exciting opportunities will come next.



No comments:

Post a Comment