Friday, January 25, 2013

Intentionally Listening

At my house there isn't a lot of time that there is complete quite and I love it. Today I am intentionally listening to all of the wonderful noises that happen in my house. The movies that are constantly playing, the kids playing, yelling and yes sometimes fighting, the sound of a coffee grinder, the music Tony listens to as he cleans up the kitchen they are all the beautiful noises of my very happy home. I sometimes forget to just stop and listen to all of these sounds. They are what happen every day here and in that every day is where we are making our most precious memories. I am striving to become more intentional in appreciating every single beautiful noise and the wonderful moments that make up those sounds. Sometimes all these noises get drowned out by all the things I think need to happen in a day. I am making a conscious decision to stop and enjoy all of these noises because the days go by way to fast and I will eventually miss these every day sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment