Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Sweet Girl

Having a daughter that is just like me in so many ways teaches me a lot about myself. Avalynn is a very very smart girl but she is still a wonderful 3 year old. For awhile my sweet girl made me want to pull my hair out. We were having a tough time getting her and myself through any task with out one or both of us very frustrated and on the verge of tears. This girl of mine is just like me only I'm the one who should know how to control and express my emotions with gentleness and calm. Yet I was acting like 3 year old who is still trying to learn what her emotions are and what they all mean. My sweet girl has taught me how to truly be a calm and gentle person and parent. She is watching me to learn how to deal with her emotions so that means I have to actually do what it is I want her to do. We have had great weeks of no freak outs on either end. Yes we both have our moments but we talk through what is happening and say sorry if we need to. It's been a great transition that I am so glad we got to and through.


Avalynn has really been enjoying learning. We have had a wonderful time going over the ABC's. She loves to watch the little music videos all about her letter of the week. She has recently started rhyming words together. She pretends to read the news and likes to "make great music" (that's what she tells me) with her pencil. She has become a very compassionate little 3 year old and I hope she continues to be as she gets older. I'm so very excited that she has such of love for learning. I am very blessed to have such a sweet girl to call me mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment