Monday, January 7, 2013

First Day of Homeschool

Monday finally came and we started preschool! I've decided that we are going to learn the vowels first so what better letter to start with then A. Of course the day I have to decided to start our homeschooling journey Avalynn is recovering from a cough which is causing major breathing issues for her. So with her not feeling her best I thought we would be very very laid back with school time. Doing this has allowed her to still rest when she needs and to learn pretty much all day. I showed her the letter A that we would be learning this week and told the sounds it makes. We then talked about se words that start with the letter A. She got distracted at this point so a little bit later I asked what letter we were learning and what sound it made. She told me so we went back to talking about the letter A again. We did this type of thing all day and its been great. I'm not forcing my very busy, short attention span children to sit for 3 hours working on school and I love it. Starting a new routine when kids don't feel 100% is not always the smartest way to do things but for us it has worked wonderfully. The 1st day was far less chaotic then I was thinking it would be. Treyton liked that we were playing with chalk on the kitchen table and dry erase markers on their play table. We've been writing on our magna doodles and playing with every letter learning toy we own it was a very nice day. We are all very excited about the rest of the week!







No comments:

Post a Comment